National Association of Property Tax Attorneys
Robert SarnoffPresident Sarnoff & Baccash
NAPTA Charter Member
Robert M. Sarnoff, co-founder of Sarnoff & Baccash in 1986, is an experienced property tax attorney. Mr. Sarnoff began his career as a corporate real estate lawyer for the McDonald’s Corporation. Thereafter, he became a Cook County Assistant State’s Attorney where he represented the Cook County Assessor in property tax appeals. Mr. Sarnoff then joined the large law firm of Arvey, Hodes, Costello, and Burman where he was a partner for 11 years. In March of 1986, Mr. Sarnoff and fellow partner, Michael F. Baccash, co-founded the law firm of Sarnoff & Baccash in order to focus their practice on securing favorable property assessments and taxes for their property tax clients.
Speeches & Publications:
- Author of Illinois chapter of the American Bar Association Property Tax Deskbook.
- Author of Chapter entitled “Assessment of Taxable Property,” Attorney’s Guide to Real Estate Taxation, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 1979,1984; Co-Author, 1987, 1991, 1993, 1997, 2001.
- Co-Author of Illinois Chapter on Sales-Use Taxation published by American Bar Association in “Handbook on Sales-Use Tax,” 1986.
- Co-Editor, Legal Reporter of International Association of Assessing Officers, 1986-1989.
- Editor, Tax Trends, Illinois State Bar Association, 1979-1980.
- Recipient of the 1981 Institute of Property Taxation Literary Award for the essay entitled “Corporate Personal Property Tax Abolished! Or Is It?”
- Contributing Author, Goldstein Trial Technique, 1971.