National Association of Property Tax Attorneys
Allen T. DimondShareholder Greenberg Traurig
Alan Dimond offers more than 35 years of experience in commercial and real estate litigation. His representative clients range from regional real estate developers to multi-national corporations.
Areas of Concentration:
- General commercial litigation
- Real estate-related litigation including:
- Ad valorem tax and eminent domain
- Represented numerous major corporations, individuals and governmental entities in a wide-range of commercial and real estate related litigation.
- Led a trial team that obtained a $25 million embezzlement verdict on behalf of an Aegon subsidiary, a Dutch insurance company against its American managing general agency and that agency’s officers.
- Led a trial team that obtained a $30 million settlement for the Estate of Eastern Air Lines from various insurance companies based on damage to the environment at several major U.S. airports.
Awards and recognitions:
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America, 2007-2010
- Selected by Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2009
- Listed, “Top Lawyer,” South Florida Legal Guide, 2005
- Ranked AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5*
*AV® Preeminent ™ and BV® Distinguished™ are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
Speeches & Publications:
- Featured, “The Dimonds – Focusing on similar litigation at separate firms,” South Florida Legal Guide, 2008
- Lectured on jury selection and other trial-related topics
- More than 100 published state and federal appellate opinions
- Immigration policy Op/Ed pieces